Jacksonville FL Import Administrator
John S. James Co. was founded in 1941 in the city of Savannah, Georgia. Our mission of offering
personalized service to the international transportation community quickly established our firm as
a leader in the international freight forwarding and customs brokerage industries. Our founder’s
initial vision, to provide unparalleled service to our customers, still resonates in our culture today.
Our reputation for excellence is a direct result of our commitment to service and professionalism.
We are pleased to offer an attractive benefits package for all of our valued team members, which
includes comprehensive insurance (including health, dental, vision, and life), 401(k), and a
progressive paid time-off plan.
The successful candidate will be responsible for handling the end-to-end importation of
international shipments. This position is not clerical. The Import Administrator will take ownership
of client accounts, ensure work is completed on a daily basis, and be accountable for the
compliance and accuracy of transactions under his/her responsibility.
The Responsibilities and Tasks
• Process customs entries end-to-end with careful attention to detail, ensuring adherence to any
relevant governmental regulations (partner government agencies, tariffs, license
• Conduct activities supplementary to the clearance process, such as client verification, securing
customs bonds, arranging inspections, etc.
• Maintain paperwork according to document retention procedures and create detailed and
complete notes as required for entry files
• Keep customer apprised of shipment status and issues in a professional and helpful manner
• Create price quotations for customers for various services
• Responsible for timely invoicing of customer charges and verifying accounting information
• Assist Accounting in invoice collection
• Engage in continuous education opportunities provided by John S. James Co., including off-site
seminars, webinars, or industry events
• Other tasks as directed by the Office Manager and Import Department
• Minimum educational experience: high school graduate or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in customs brokerage and import/export operations
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong computer literacy (including MS Office and entry filing software)
• Attention to detail
• Regular and predictable attendance