Join the James Gang!!
Thomas Jones of our Charleston office was recently interviewed by SC ETV on jobs in the maritime industry. Click the link below to watch the interview:
Current open position(s):
Savannah – Import Manager
Seeking candidates with several years’ experience in import entry processing through US Customs and Border Protection. Position is responsible for all aspects of customs entry including knowledge of PGA regulations and filing requirements. Attention to detail, time management, dependability, professional communication skills, as well as problem solving skills are essential.
- Candidate must hold valid Customs Broker’s License
- Candidate must have management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office© is a requirement
- Contact Information to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
FTZ & Customs Specialist
- Administer and adapt customs processes and compliance controls
- Review technical data to determine correct classification of goods being imported or exported. Develop and retain audit trails to support the classification assigned and update classification database system
- Maintain and update Partner Government Agency documentation
- Work with internal team and external Customs Brokers to prepare and ensure timely and compliant customs activities
- Audit customs declarations for accuracy and compliance with import & export regulations
- Assist with FTZ admission and entry processing and research inventory control discrepancies
- Act as operational focal point and provide ad-hoc advice to cross-functional peers
- Assist with various customs-related project implementations
- Perform necessary pre- and post-release activities
- Support any post entry projects, including information-gathering for responses to CF28/29s
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Great organizational and communication skills are a must.
- This role requires strong inter-personal attributes, including high ethical standards, as well as an understanding of the business implications of decisions.
- Must possess intermediate to advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office© Suite including Word©, Excel©, PowerPoint©.
- Individual should be internet proficient.
Education / Special Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customs clearance, import operations, and/or trade compliance
- Candidates with a valid Customs Broker License are preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree desired, or equivalent education combined with practical experience in the field of import
- Strong knowledge of HTSUS classifications
- Experience in imports related to automotive or similar manufacturing industries
- Experience in processing of customs entries, including Partner Government Agency submissions
- Experience in an audit role
Contact Information to Apply: email@example.com