FTZ Logistics Shipping Office Specialist
John S. James Co. was founded in 1941 in the city of Savannah, Georgia. Our mission of offering personalized service to the international transportation community quickly established our firm as a leader in the international freight forwarding and customs brokerage industries. Our founder’s initial vision, to provide unparalleled service to our customers, still resonates in our culture today. Our reputation for excellence is a direct result of our commitment to service and professionalism.
We are pleased to offer an attractive benefits package for all of our valued team members, which includes comprehensive insurance (including health, dental, vision, and life), 401(k), flex time (according to business needs), and a progressive paid time-off plan.
The successful candidate will be responsible to support the activities of the Logistics Department. To ensure that material sent to suppliers is properly documented, packaged, recorded in; and where appropriate, advance notice is sent to the supplier. To verify completeness and accuracy of data from production and quality. To request corrective actions to inaccurate or missing data. Operate and control the container management.
The Responsibilities and Tasks
- To maintain reports for the best carrier for exceptional shipments
- To schedule or book outbound shipments
- To transmit shipping documents, invoices, or Advanced Ship Notices to consignees when required
- Monitor and control steamship container or trailer activity
- Responsible for maintenance of databases
- To maintain carrier data files
- To coordinate activities of Material Handling Team Members for packaging and internal movement of material
- To maintain supply of documents and forms
- To prepare all shipping documentation for Both U.S. and international shipments, including hazardous material documentation when required
- Receive non-conforming material into the quarantine area while checking accuracy of tags
- Obtain necessary approvals and accurately input shipping data
- Package materials for shipment
- Move material and maintain organized layout for efficient management of returns
- Maintain files for return materials and shipping request
- Provide shipping documents to Material Handling team members for return parts and packaging
- Support Inventory Control specialists and Cycle Checkers, by assisting with part counts, preparing shipper requests, obtaining return goods authorization numbers and pulling material for shipment
- To monitor routing for empty returnable containers
- Negotiate and oversee services for frame delivery
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential part of this position.
- To assist with limited pack ageing activities on exception shipments
- Investigate return discrepancies
- Support other logistics Team Members when required
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
Qualifications & Skills Required
- IATA, DOT and IMO Dangerous Goods Regulations Certification. Certification in transportation or logistics, BAAN shipping and inventory modules, shipping and handling of Hazardous materials, U.S. Customs Brokers License.